Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-10-2011 , 05:22 PM
rm3d

just a few questions

hi there just hoping someone can answer a few queries i have user added image

1. is there anyway to make the faces on a sphere a uniform size?? instead of the size falloff as the faces come away from the center

2. i've found when i use glow on a material then use mia_physical sun and sky the glow is very blown out no matter the glow intensity is there anyway to stop this but still have the glow on?

thanks guys

Attached Images

the more I Think I know about Maya the less I seem to know about it.

check me out www.rm3d.co.uk
# 2 05-10-2011 , 06:28 PM
EduSciVis-er
1. I think you'd be looking for a soccer ball type of primitive. Not sure if Maya has one by default, but you could probably find it by looking around on the web.

2. I seem to remember there being a single attribute that controls glow intensity for the whole scene (shaderGlow is a global node). It might be that it's being interfered with by the physical sun and sky. Open up the shaderGlow in the attribute editor and try decreasing the glow intensity. Hope that helps.

Edit: Just re-read that you've changed the glow intensity... not sure then.

# 3 05-10-2011 , 06:34 PM
Great community

1. I think you'd be looking for a soccer ball type of primitive. Not sure if Maya has one by default, but you could probably find it by looking around on the web.

Of course there it is. First of all choose "Polygon Panel" then Create -> Polygon Primitives -> Soccer Ball.

Creck

May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow.
# 4 05-10-2011 , 06:37 PM
EduSciVis-er
Ah yes, couldn't remember.

# 5 05-10-2011 , 11:20 PM
rm3d
haha yes why didnt i think of the soccer ball, im just so used to creating poly objects from the shelf tab compared to the bigger variety of the create menu, thanks user added image

and again yes, the overall glow attribute is the place to be, it seems that the sun and sky lighting is affecting the halo of the glow,(in my scene its causing a large blown out white area around the tiny objects i have with glow on), so yea messing around with these settings is getting me a far better result, thanks again

the more I Think I know about Maya the less I seem to know about it.

check me out www.rm3d.co.uk