Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 03-12-2011 , 06:14 AM

Problems with Dynamics: Radial + Gravity

Hi Everyone... I am new to dynamics and having some trouble animating a project for school and hoping maybe someone with some more experience can help me out with some suggestions...

Basically I have 3 objects (vegetables) each being thrown up and exploding into pieces (slices) at different times in my scene. I am trying to apply a radial field and gravity to the slices at the point of explosion. I have been successful for my first object but cannot seem to get the field to actually work for the next.

They are rigid bodies and I have checked my relationship editor to make sure the fields are connected and they are..

I am also having problems getting the fields to continuously work for me.. one second they are working the next the slices are stationary (even after letting them load)

Any ideas or other ways I could go about this?

# 2 03-12-2011 , 08:51 PM
The thin red line
How did you creat the veg are they the same but duplicated.........dave

# 3 04-12-2011 , 01:12 AM
The slices are duplicated.