Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 04-02-2012 , 12:18 PM
Subscriber

Beach

Just wondering... how would one go about making a beach sunset?
I figure there'd be a lot of lighting work involved but I'm not sure what sort of lighting should be used.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 2 04-02-2012 , 12:56 PM
The thin red line
Maya physical sun may be, its the suns angle that would give you that light possibly.........dave

# 3 04-02-2012 , 01:55 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Good lighting would be blue shadows and orange/yellow hilights....the physical sun as Dave mentioned has these attributes built in and adjusts itself acccording to the light angles

J

# 4 04-02-2012 , 04:19 PM
Administrator

# 5 04-02-2012 , 09:04 PM
Subscriber
Ah, I guess I should finally decide to learn how to use this physical sun and sky.

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 6 04-02-2012 , 09:43 PM
Subscriber
Is it me..... Or is this topic of physical sun and sky cropping up again and again in different forums on simply Maya. There's a tutorial in the making, somewhere, there, isn't there?

# 7 05-02-2012 , 01:31 AM
Subscriber
you'd be right I think. I've avoided it because someone said you shouldn't use it... but mostly because people say it gets misused.
i think it's one of those things that never goes away, i didn't think about using it until it was suggested by multiple people.