Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-02-2012 , 12:18 PM
Subscriber

Beach

Just wondering... how would one go about making a beach sunset?
I figure there'd be a lot of lighting work involved but I'm not sure what sort of lighting should be used.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 2 04-02-2012 , 12:56 PM
The thin red line
Maya physical sun may be, its the suns angle that would give you that light possibly.........dave

# 3 04-02-2012 , 01:55 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Good lighting would be blue shadows and orange/yellow hilights....the physical sun as Dave mentioned has these attributes built in and adjusts itself acccording to the light angles

J

# 4 04-02-2012 , 04:19 PM
Administrator

# 5 04-02-2012 , 09:04 PM
Subscriber
Ah, I guess I should finally decide to learn how to use this physical sun and sky.

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 6 04-02-2012 , 09:43 PM
Subscriber
Is it me..... Or is this topic of physical sun and sky cropping up again and again in different forums on simply Maya. There's a tutorial in the making, somewhere, there, isn't there?

# 7 05-02-2012 , 01:31 AM
Subscriber
you'd be right I think. I've avoided it because someone said you shouldn't use it... but mostly because people say it gets misused.
i think it's one of those things that never goes away, i didn't think about using it until it was suggested by multiple people.