Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 31-03-2012 , 03:37 PM
Subscriber

Old version of mental ray

I was thinking, when I do a render and my output window shows up telling me what it is doing and it says my version of Mental Ray is from Feb 2 2011 and that sounds kind of old.

Is there a newer version out and if so how do i get it and what does it add?

Thanks

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 2 31-03-2012 , 04:05 PM
Technical Director
You can't get a newer version unless you purchase a new version of Maya. Autodesk has an agreement with Nvidia.

The other way is to purchase mentalray standalone, but that is extremely expensive, and completely unnecessary for anyone not running a studio.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 31-03-2012 , 08:27 PM
Subscriber
ok thanks for the info

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin