Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 05-04-2012 , 04:52 AM

Help with shatter

okay heres the deal ... i made a crystal mountain out of a cube polygon hypershaded it with a blinn and used a clear coat attached to it. its sitting on top a polygon sphere with an earth texture map around it .. i cleared the history and then i tried to make it shatter but for some reason shatter effect only has an affect on unadulterated polygons, i know this because i tried it on a simple polygon without adjusting any proportions and it worked , but the moment i move one vertex the shatter effect doesn't work at all. Why is this happening? is there any way to work around this like using the ncloth instead or perhaps theres a protocol that I'm not following? and how would i do this at a certain frame?? PLEASE HELP!!!!!??? Im drowning at sea with no end to the water in sight!!!!!! i've attached the project if someone can help user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image

Attached Files
File Type: zip earth formation.mb.zip (18.2 KB, 187 views)