Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 18-05-2012 , 10:40 AM

Simple nub problem

Hey im new to using maya and im having a little issue thats driving me batty. While im using the create polygon tool to do exactly that i cannot see any of the vertices or edges of the polygon i am trying to create until the polygon is finnished. I would really like to be able to see the vertices as i make the polygon so that i can see the shape of the object i am making as i make it. They were showing last time i used the tool so i am assuming i have clicked something thats stopping it from showing up. any help would be apreciated.

# 2 18-05-2012 , 10:54 AM
I'm not sure what you did to turn off the display of verts and unless I can see exactly what you are seeing the best advice I can give is go to your documents folder and delete the maya folder or rename it (this is if you are on a pc I am not sure where the maya user folder is kept on a mac). Close maya first of course. The next time you start maya all the user preferences will be reset, so whatever mode you turned on will be fixed.

If you want to preserve your custom shelfs and scripts (if you have created any). Go to the "documents folder / maya / <version> / prefs /" folder and delete the file userprefs.mel.

Do not worry these files get recreated with default settings when you start maya. It is common to switch on odd modes when you are learning maya and it is often quicker o just reset the dettings to default then spend hours trying to figure out what button you accidentally clicked.

-Rick

*** IMPORTANT ***

The maya folder I am refering to is the USER maya folder where your personal preferences and such are stored NOT, I repeat NOT the program folder. If you are not sure what the difference is between the two do not do anything and ask for clarification.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 18-05-2012 at 10:57 AM.