Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 30-05-2012 , 02:10 AM
Subscriber

New to Maya.

Hi. I recently bought the 2012 suite with Maya, Mudbox, Motion Builder, and Soft Image. I am learning on my own with the help of tutorials and I've bought a few books on modeling, rendering and etc. I seem to still have a lot of issues modeling though. For instance nurbs, well let's just say I won't be using them anytime soon. I can loft a surface (curve) and convert to poly's but from their it gets ugly.lol.

I was considering purchasing the helicopter tutorial from the tutorials area on here. I like that it seems to go into depth on a lot of key points and especially modeling the AH-64, since I was trying to model a Blackhawk and I threw in the towel on it, I tried to use nurbs on the fuselage, wow did that get ugly. Have any of you done the Ah-64 tutorial by chance and was it as good as it seems to be?

If I do decide to go with it is their a good nurbs tutorial that is recommended fir absolute beginners?

Thanks.

# 2 30-05-2012 , 07:32 AM
Lifetime Member
The Apache Tutorial is excellent and one of the best on this site.
If you have no Maya experience at all i would suggest you download the free tutorials here or work through the Maya help file tutorials to at least get acquainted with the Maya tool set first though.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 30-05-2012 , 07:43 AM
Acid44
Woah. Jsprogg still exists!

I think the Cartoon Dog tut was nurbs, not sure if it's still here, but it was for total beginners. Would be a good place to start

# 4 30-05-2012 , 08:43 AM
SM Tea Boy

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 30-05-2012 , 09:37 AM
The Nurb Herd
welcome to maya.

# 6 30-05-2012 , 12:17 PM
Subscriber
Thank you. I do not have any expirence besides what I have taught myself. I was trying to load a render image from a few of my projects of mine but again, I guess that's something else I'll have to figure out in time..lol. I like the Surfing Alien tuturial, that will definetly help me with nurbs, I hope.

# 7 30-05-2012 , 04:51 PM
Super Moderator
The surfing alien tut uses a poly workflow, well so far I haven't him use NURBS in there. Welcome to the world of Maya!

- Genny
# 8 30-05-2012 , 07:46 PM
Subscriber

The surfing alien tut uses a poly workflow, well so far I haven't him use NURBS in there. Welcome to the world of Maya!

Ya, I just noticed that. Oh well, I bought it and started downloading the files. Hopefully I'll get a chance to work on it tonight.