Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 09-08-2012 , 05:47 PM

Vertex Problem.

user added imageHey everyone. I was looking for categories but I couldn't find the right one so I decided to post here. I'm also new and I don't have a lot of time to search for the right place to post or old threads.

I'm a beginner in Maya and I'm trying to make a sackboy. Whenever I select the vertices the area beomes red/orange/yellow. It used to be blue. To be honest, I don't really care what colour it is, the problem is that the vertex that I want to move also moves the neighbouring vertices. I'm really annoyed and I cannot move forward. I need to create a something by the end of this month or I'm screwed for uni.

This happened before and I resolved it by starting again. Actually, I think I uninstalled and installed the programme again. I really do not have the time to do it again and again DX

Some of you are prolly saying it's imposible to create something when I'm a complete newbie, but I have hopes and I've found great tutorials. I just can't find threads ad videos regarding my problem. Thanks in advance.

Here's a printscreen:
https://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9189/helprs.jpg

PS, I AM USING A FREE STUDENT VERSION OF MAYA 2013.

Can you also explain why it's like that and it's purpose when it's like that. Thank you!

ANOTHER ONE:
Whenever I change one pane (four view pane) they all change! ): (i.e when i change the bottom left to 'front' all views change to front)

Last edited by sillynwinnie; 09-08-2012 at 06:01 PM.
# 2 09-08-2012 , 06:49 PM
Super Moderator
There's a FAQ sticky and your problem is the very first thing listed.

- Genny
# 3 09-08-2012 , 07:33 PM

There's a FAQ sticky and your problem is the very first thing listed.

Thank you very much! I'm very sorry that I did not look at the FAQ, I was short on time and I had other things that I needed to accomplish. But thank you so much. I will look through it next time I am stuck.