Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 29-08-2012 , 10:56 PM
Subscriber

Playing aroung with lighting and now I get this error...

// Error: file: /usr/autodesk/maya/scripts/AETemplates/AEspotLightTemplate.mel line 79: Object 'spotLightPreviewPort1' not found.

Im not sure if this would effect anything in my scene or what caused this error, but some insight would be great! Cheers user added image

# 2 30-08-2012 , 10:55 PM
Super Moderator
I remember getting that some time ago, I can't remember how I got past that (I think I just reopened the scene...?) I'm not sure, I'll see if I can reproduce it and get back to you.

- Genny
# 3 30-08-2012 , 11:53 PM
EduSciVis-er
I got that just today. I didn't notice anything amiss, so I ignored it. Haha. It seems to be just Maya searching for a name that doesn't exist.

# 4 03-09-2012 , 07:48 AM
Subscriber
Yeh it doesn't seem to do anything, but I think it is when I use a spotlight and check the area light option under the mentalray tab... I will ignore for now as it doesn't seem to effect anything, but it would be nice to know what the error was so if you do figure it out GecT please let me know as google doesn't give many answers on this issue user added image

# 5 03-09-2012 , 02:07 PM
Super Moderator
Haven't been able to recreate it. If it happens again I'll update.

- Genny
# 6 30-09-2012 , 04:52 PM
I've found numerous errors when lighting that seem to disappear after deleting and creating a new light. Sometimes things go wrong that we can't explain and the simplest solution seems to be to just delete it and make a new one.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 7 26-10-2012 , 09:04 PM
I just found this error in my script editor so here I'm looking for answers.

Well I don't know how to fix it but know a work around which solves most of these sort of issues. Which is deleting preferences and restarting Maya.

And for those of you who want to know when the error pops up...
Can't say exactly but I found the Light Shape swatch goes missing from your Spotlight Attribute Editor.

So far I guess it's just a swatch for previewing purpose and shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise we can always reset Maya Preference user added image

Attached Images

Last edited by zestken; 27-10-2012 at 03:05 AM.