Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-09-2012 , 08:24 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

RoboCop -New Suit

Its like Batman crossed with Ironman or mass effect bred with venom or something LOL - quite frankly I dont care, its Black and looks pretty good -but for the record I hated the original films. At least this is Police colored instead of Halfords DIY silver spray for your beat up fiesta.

Well this one could go on with the fan boys loving or hating it because its 'this' or 'that' or the fact he cant smell the nostalgia of his nans apple pie in the background while watching the film when he was still in shorts....

I give you the new Robocop suit....

Jay

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-09-2012 , 10:49 PM
Super Moderator
1. I had no clue this was being made and does the world need a Robocop remake.

2. The suit looks cool but I'm imagining a sweaty, uncomfortable actor and my mind is heading to awful places.

- Genny
# 3 16-09-2012 , 12:09 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
No it doesnt need a remake...not at all....

sweaty actors...strange places....oh Gen!!

Jay user added image

# 4 16-09-2012 , 12:11 AM
The first one did have some pretty funny bits in it.

The Ed209 scene where he tells the corporate guy he has 10 seconds to drop the gun and the guy immediately drops it and then ed209 says "you now have 5 seconds to drop the gun..." and all the corporate guys start jockeying to get out of the line of fire.

Or the mayor that goes off the edge and takes himself hostage and demands a new Pontiac 6000 S-U-X.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 5 17-09-2012 , 09:55 AM
Subscriber
Im going to be quite on this one (until he pulls his gun from his leg) - Robocop is one of my fav films of all time, but I do think it needs updating (Just got the boxset on Blu-Ray for £12, but I may just chuck 3 in the bin). I would have perfered them not to have changed the look, but going to wait and see. The ED-209 is alright but I still love the older one more.

But track records have not been good - Transformers, Spiderman and the new HE-Man comic are all epic fails in my book.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 17-09-2012 at 09:57 AM.
# 6 17-09-2012 , 10:48 AM
Lifetime Member
Oh Gen, you need a coffee. Hated all of the Robo films.....suit looks cool though.

Cheers Bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes