Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-10-2012 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber

Blank hyperhade and render settings PLEASE HELP!

I have tried everything i can find to get them back to default and nothing seems to work!
For some reson only the menu along the top is visible on both. I have closed and reoppened deleted all my prefs... I dont know what else to do except cry user added image

Please please help.
user added image

Last edited by dustykhan; 03-10-2012 at 06:22 PM.
# 2 03-10-2012 , 08:05 PM
SM Tea Boy
Try this in the script editor
buildNewSceneUI;

Might work

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 03-10-2012 , 08:35 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the response David.
I did try that previously and it doesn't work...
I have now tried reinstalling and now when i try to relicense I get

EDIT: This is my current problem

sudo /usr/autodesk/maya2013-x64/bin/adlmreg -i S 657E1 657E1 2013.0.0.F xxx-xxxxxxxx /var/opt/Autodesk/Adlm/Maya2013/MayaConfig.pit
Registration Succeeded.
[root@DK033 dustykhan]# maya
AdlmInt Error: The AUTODESK_ADLM_THINCLIENT_ENV XML file could not be loaded
license problem in GUI mode launch dialog message
maya: License was not obtained

License method:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone'

Product choice:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='unlimited'

License file override:
environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

Last edited by dustykhan; 03-10-2012 at 09:02 PM.
# 4 03-10-2012 , 10:12 PM
SM Tea Boy
You're License file was not obtained

Try removing the Maya.env file from ~/maya/version/ If that does not work your going to need to go over to Autodesk and ask about it I'm afraid.

Best of luck

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 04-10-2012 , 07:55 AM
Subscriber
It doesn't matter too much because as I wen't to delete /usr/autodesk/ folder and as I was in as a super user in terminal i accidentally removed /usr/. I am extremely mad at myself! So looks like its going to be fun times tonight, reinstalling my system. I managed to back up my /home directory so I haven't lost any any files which is good!

I learnt my lesson and from now on i am always going to use -i option when removing files!

# 6 04-10-2012 , 12:10 PM
EduSciVis-er
wow... that's... unfortunate. I was always paranoid about that kind of thing when I was working in Linux. Whenever an 'rm' command seemed to be taking longer than I thought it should, I would start breaking out in a cold sweat.

# 7 04-10-2012 , 12:53 PM
SM Tea Boy
rm -rf / OUCH

I know it's to late now but try this
alias rmi='rm -i'

stick it in the ~/.bashrc file that way it will always be active run
source ~/.bashrc
You only need that if you want to make the alias active in the current session.

Get used to using rmi to remove files I find it a good idea not to alias rm='rm -i' as you get using to it then you log into some other box that does not have the alias and disaster can strike.

I feel your pain
Dave

# 8 09-10-2012 , 01:12 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for your tip David. I have everything back up and running after the dilemma of, should I continue using openbox or change over to gnome3... I stayed with openbox in the end, just takes a while to set up and get it looking nice. Will post a screen shot if anybody is interested. Just need to reinstall maya and then I should be good to go, as I have some catching up to do on my competition entry!

# 9 09-10-2012 , 01:20 PM
The Nurb Herd
the worst thing recently is if you are in a renders folder and use rv player. The command is 'rv *' dont know why they made it so similar to rm *
:/

# 10 09-10-2012 , 11:33 PM
Subscriber
honestdom I don't use RV player... is it any good, would you recommend it?
yeh it is a Scary one, the m and v are pretty close also. just best to be careful. I have learnt my lesson the hard wayuser added image

EDIT: Do you think it will be safe to reopen the scene that caused this error as I dont wish for this to happen again...?

Last edited by dustykhan; 10-10-2012 at 12:17 PM.