Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 13-02-2013 , 11:58 PM

camera not showing spotlight decay

hi,

I've created a new camera in a scene. Pressing 7 gives me the 'all light' display just fine, but when I switch on the decay of a spotlight it stops showing the effect of that light. The persp view continues to show the interactive lighting ok. A new light acts just the same, so I'm assuming the fault lies in the camera..

thanks

J

# 2 14-02-2013 , 04:51 AM
Subscriber
Maybe it's a bit obvious but have you reset the camera's properties?

Or delete transformation history and duplicate the object. That is a trick that works for me a lot if an object/camera is acting screwy

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 3 14-02-2013 , 10:10 AM
hi,

I think the problem was (is) my scale (units). It's sometihng I've never considered, and I've noticed my values were getting so small i.e - 0.001 clipping plane.. I think I've being trying to light a scene that's millimetres across!!

I'm in the process of scaling up now and will report back. Already the views in various cameras seems more consistent.