Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-02-2013 , 04:41 PM

mesh mess after mirror.

I didn't notice this until I got to far past my mirrior and now I have no clue how to fix it besides starting all over again.. I turned down the tolerance when I mirriored (sp) and fixed most of the issues but obviously missed this one and I think I'm screwed..Any ideas on how to maybe salvage it? It's not converted yet but when I do convert poly's to subs it's going to be even worse..

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Images
# 2 19-02-2013 , 06:07 PM
The thin red line
Go to the merge setting in the toolbox and change the tolorance to some thing like .001............dave

# 3 19-02-2013 , 06:29 PM
I wish it were that easy..lol. I cleared history and I've probaly done fifty tweaks and etc. before I noticed it..

# 4 19-02-2013 , 07:13 PM
Acid44
Could just delete that side and mirror again, no?

This is why I use duplicate special instead of mirror, it's just never worked right for me.

# 5 19-02-2013 , 07:19 PM

Could just delete that side and mirror again, no?

This is why I use duplicate special instead of mirror, it's just never worked right for me.

Nice idea! I'll try and see what happens.

# 6 19-02-2013 , 07:22 PM

Nice idea! I'll try and see what happens.

lol..nope, didn't work..I'm going to hit something with a big hammer and start it again..lol.

# 7 19-02-2013 , 07:38 PM
Delete the messed up half. Make sure you centre the pivot along the centre axis (insert key). Freeze transforms. Duplicate and then -1 in the x-axis ( or y if its along that axis). Combine the two halfs, select verts and merge with a setting of .001.

# 8 19-02-2013 , 07:56 PM

Delete the messed up half. Make sure you centre the pivot along the centre axis (insert key). Freeze transforms. Duplicate and then -1 in the x-axis ( or y if its along that axis). Combine the two halfs, select verts and merge with a setting of .001.

Thanks but that didn't work either..The edge combined itself when I mirrored the first time, and I can't get it to let go or even delete it, it's a group of tri's basicaly...It's my fault for not noticing it when I mirrored..

What do you call an American drawing?-A Yankee Doodle. HA..lol.

# 9 20-02-2013 , 09:34 AM
The thin red line
You will have to do it manualy, delete the two side edges then cut some new ones in, you will need to aligne the 3 verts I used the verts directy above to do this, with the move tool selected click on the lower vert now click on the direction you need to aligne this should now turn yellow now go to the above vert hold down the "v" key stroke with the middle mouse button................dave

Attached Thumbnails

# 10 20-02-2013 , 03:34 PM
Thank you Dave! That did the job. I deleted the grouped edges and deleted half and mirrored again and it's good now.. Thanks for the help!