Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-04-2013 , 04:49 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

Bioshock infinite

So after all the hype decided to purchase the game to see what its all about and i'm an hour into to it and i'm already feeling really disgusted with the game. I'm not asking for spoilers or anything but please tell me there is a logical explanation in the story line as to why they decided to go that route . I feel really disappointed and I'm about to return this game..........

# 2 06-04-2013 , 07:50 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Hi Murambi,

Don't know where you are in the game, but I found it to be a great storytelling game.
It is basically an alternative past but with the same values as they were in the 1900's which involved racism, segregation and really a pillared society where you belonged to a certain part within society.
Believe me and stick to it because it is a really nice game

# 3 09-04-2013 , 02:20 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
Just finished the game and what a story. I am guilty of not picking up all the voxaphones so I still dont understand the main purpose of having the lutece twins.
The ending of this game is like a double edged sword... Fantastic story that really challenges the mind and then again I found the ending to be deeply unsatisfying. I feel like I am emotionally drained from this game......

Last edited by murambi; 09-04-2013 at 02:31 PM.
# 4 10-04-2013 , 06:46 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The Lutece twins basically invented/discovered a way to find and open "tears" into a parallel world, with this technology they created the floating city as well as the bioengineering of Anna.
Somewhere along the way they messed up an experiment which caused them to exist outside of time and space.
They regretted the kidnapping of Anna and try to help him get her back, which basically triggers the entire the game..they are the driving force of the story and the game as well

The ending aside from it being bittersweet, makes sense to me to be honest.
The short draw is, that in many realities you end up being Comstock and will be responsible for the kidnapping of your own daughther of a different you.
In the end you have to be killed in order to make sure that comstock will never exist.
When you succeeded in saving Anna you basically eliminated all other possible timelines and in the end after the credits you see yourself walking in that shabby room and hear your daughter cry, sadly it cuts just before seeing your daughter... in true Sopranos style
Since the comstock who kidnapped your daughter is dead they wont come over and get here. hence the loop is broken.

This is storytelling in games at its finest, something those morons who made Mass Effect 3 could learn a lot from

# 5 10-04-2013 , 06:49 PM

# 6 13-04-2013 , 11:13 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
I thought Anna got her ability to travel through tears because she lost part of her finger to one of the alternate worlds