Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 06-10-2013 , 05:03 PM

Mirror

I exported a scene from DAZ as a collada file and imported it into maya. There was a mirror in the scene but I isn't reflecting in Maya. I have raytracing on and everything set to the right settings in the blinn shader. I can do this in a completely new scene with just a plane in a sphere but for some reason it isn't working in the scene im importing from a collada file. What could be causing it to do this?

# 2 06-10-2013 , 07:10 PM
Super Moderator
Have you tried assigning a new shader to it? Also, If you're using mental ray, check "mental ray" section of the shape tab of the object's attributes. Make sure "trace reflection" and "trace refraction" are checked on.

- Genny
# 3 06-10-2013 , 08:17 PM
No, I am not using mental ray. I tried assigning a new shader to it and that didn't work either. I even tried create a normal plane and adding blinn to that and it doesn't work either. Hmmm..... I hate being new to things!!! Takes so much time learning everything. user added image(

Any other ideas?

EDIT:

I fixed it! lol for some reason the items in the scene had their reflections turned off in the render stats.

Last edited by nonenone314; 06-10-2013 at 11:01 PM.