Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 05-12-2013 , 03:19 PM

Bandage Wrapping :help:

Hi Guys,

I am working on a project which requires me to wrap a bandage around the leg.
I tried a couple of methods to achieve this but in vain

1. I tried to rig the bandage, which works fine while unrolling the bandage (as far as it is in straight line) but as soon as I reach the curve of the foot the rig freaks out.

2. I decided to separate the bandage in two. (the bandage roll and the actual bandage).
Then I drew a curve along the foot to be used as a motion path for the roll. And I was so sure this will work. But it seems motion path has a mind of its own. It just wont let the roll slide along smoothly. As soon as the curve takes a turn... the roll performs a somersault on itself. I tried tweaking the values in attribute editor but that doesn't work either.
But anyways I can always animate the roll. What I am worried about is the bandage.
How can I animate the bandage such that its one end will be stuck at the foot, the mid portion will wrap around the foot and the other end needs to follow the roll.

The question:
Is it possible... to create a rig which will follow the foot Or the 2nd method or any other method
Any suggestions, links, guidelines etc are more than appreciated.

Sorry for such a long post.

Thankus in advance.

user added imageuser added image

# 2 06-12-2013 , 05:28 PM
Whaat?? no comments?? any 1???
Hmmm... looks like I am the first one to enter this unexplored territory in maya.
Which is kinda cool user added image user added image

# 3 06-12-2013 , 05:32 PM
EduSciVis-er
Perhaps if you quickly sketched out a little storyboard of what you want to accomplish, it will be clearer. I'm not really understanding where the components of the bandage are moving.

# 4 06-12-2013 , 06:03 PM