Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 16-12-2013 , 02:02 PM

Graph Editor unknown curves !

Guys ,

I am sorry if I'm asking something simple but I have just noticed that I can't control my character controllers in the graph editor. No matter if I move the tangent handles of trying to move the key it doesn't effect the control. Instead there are some curves at at the bottom, which are called "BPKG" !!! I have no idea what that is but it seems that one of them rotation is actually effecting the real rotation joint.

Does anyone of you know how to fix this ?

I am using Maya 2014 / HumanIK

much respect...user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by GeorgiStamenov; 16-12-2013 at 02:08 PM.
# 2 02-01-2014 , 03:46 AM
Those are selection sets that are created within the HIK interface when you decide to characterize your skeleton. The best thing to do is work in animation layers with HIK. Then you can do additive animations. Before you do anything else yo ushould learn the entire pipeline of using the HIK system.

# 3 02-01-2014 , 01:24 PM
Thank you...

Yes I certainly have to learn the pipe line of Human IK but after all the best way to learn is to fail. Besides, I have school projects to do and learning is pretty much on the run for the project. Thanks again Chavfister , you are my error mentor user added image

Happy New Year

# 4 02-01-2014 , 10:13 PM
I just started to animate again in the way you said. I've made a new Animation Layer and doing the animation there. The strange thing is that I can't set keyframe with cmnd + W and E .
I can do keys only with S ?!

If i do them with S i still get key frame on the BPKG controls !

Maya 2014 SP2

# 5 02-01-2014 , 11:54 PM
All of this will be baked out onto your skeleton in the end anyways. Then the controls will not be driving it. It will be keyed to the skeleton. I am not sure what you are trying to do exactly. Te animation layers allow for layering of secondary animation. Have you watched a full vid on the entire workflow of HIK? Are you using mocap?

Last edited by Chavfister; 02-01-2014 at 11:56 PM.