Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-02-2014 , 12:43 PM

How to import a forgotten blend shape into a rigged character?

Hi,

following some suggestions you guys gave me, I learnt to built an IK rig for a few imported DAZ characters
Thanks for suggestion it : )

I used the suggested Rigging Toolbox, this may or may not be important in the question.

Now, here is a little problem:
When I exported these characters from DAZ as .fbx, I forgot to select one of the blend shape group to export.
(the brow up-down, left-right etc.) So stupid of me.
So I exported these charactes again, now with all the blend shapes, but I already built IK with Rigging Toolbox.

So now I have
1) character(s) with fully built IK, weights, but a few missing blend shape group
2) same reexported character(s) as .FBX, with all correct blend shapes, but no IK yet.

How to avoid rebuilding the IK with Rigging Toolbox - somehow merge character 1 and 2 together?
I used Rigging Toolbox "save skeleton", but it doesn't seem to save the IK setup.

Any other way to avoid of hours of reworking, as I have more than one character already built with Rigging Toolbox?
Thank you!