Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-08-2014 , 09:40 AM

Batch Render stops after a random number of frames! (OSX)

Hi,

when I try to render my scene from maya 2014, the batch render randomly stops, without giving me any errors. After a certain amount of frames the render just doesn't go on and the percentage of rendering done of that frame just stays the same.

Before that happens, the CPU usage is at around 700% and after that at around 100%.
The memory usage stays around 650 MB.

The amount of frames is completely random. Sometimes it's after 10 frames and sometimes after 200 or 300.

I have a Macbook Pro with OS X 10.9.4

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

The memory shouldn't be a Problem because on an older iMac with, I think 8 GB memory, but definitely less, an i5 Processor and the same OS X version, I don't have that problem, it's just a lot slower.

Can anybody help me? It's really annoying because I have to sit next to my laptop and have to restart the render every few minutes.

Thanks in advance!

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time
https://vimeo.com/yannickstark
# 2 19-08-2014 , 03:05 PM
Lifetime Member
Have you tried reinstalling maya?

# 3 23-08-2014 , 10:18 AM
I just did but that didn't really help :/

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time
https://vimeo.com/yannickstark