Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 13-10-2014 , 09:21 AM

Rendering Not going as planned

I just made a model that is giving me huge amounts of grief I've mapped out it's UVs and its unfortunately giving me the following output when i render it. I am new to Maya and i KNOW it has something to do with that green nonsense.

user added image

What do I have to change to get my model to where it needs to be to display a texture?

The green bit on the armor obviously needs changing, what do i change on it?

Edit: Issue solved, 2 different lamberts on 1 object

Nothing given to me above by dave was of any use because he refused to think that maybe giving crap feedback that made him look superior was of any value.

If you refuse to decribe something by a means that can be understood by a person on ANY level you're part of the problem. so thanks dave, seeing you roll your face around on your keyboard inspired me to never ask for help again because it will invariably be provided by an idiot.

Another possible fix is using a texture file with no transparency in it if you are having this issue. don't bother reading anything dave said.

Last edited by JerryBarnes; 13-10-2014 at 10:52 AM.
# 2 13-10-2014 , 09:28 AM
The thin red line
Assign a shader to the mesh....................dave

# 3 13-10-2014 , 10:25 AM
Does a lambert count as a shader? Do materials count as shaders?

Define shader.

The object appears shaded once selected the instant I move the camera it goes back to being green.

There is a shader applied. This is why i'm here for help. Because all my other objects are working fine except this one.

Last edited by JerryBarnes; 13-10-2014 at 10:28 AM.
# 4 13-10-2014 , 10:31 AM
The thin red line
Yes a lambert (many used for modelling) does count as a shader, use the help files to find out that shader do what....................dave

# 5 13-10-2014 , 10:33 AM
Why is half the object shaded while the other half refuses to be?

edited : sounded rude, sorry.

What could have cause this?

How can I fix this?

Last edited by JerryBarnes; 13-10-2014 at 10:51 AM.
# 6 13-10-2014 , 11:06 AM
The thin red line
The green colour in your view port is telling me there is no shader assigned to the mesh, did you delete any shaders. Try selecting all the faces of the mesh then assign a lambert to it.....................dave