Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 15-10-2014 , 03:28 PM

Specific render instructions not working

First I should say I'm both new to here and Maya. I'm modeling some things for a class I'm taking and these are the instructions: AVI: wireframe on shaded, object mode, nothing selected, resolution gate off, careful, tight framing. Don’t forget: Playblast from Render Settings.

Whenever I render, the background is still black and it's not rendering what my screen is showing. I have everything carefully positioned in the perspective viewport but when I render, wireframe on shaded doesn't show up and the camera angle is way off and zoomed out. How do I fix this? Also how do I save it out as an AVI? Thanks for any help in advance.

# 2 15-10-2014 , 06:03 PM
EduSciVis-er
Generating playblasts is a bit different than rendering (curious why the instructor would specificy Playblast from Render Settings). You can right click on the timeline and select playblast and set your settings from there. A playblast is essentially a screencapture of the viewport.