Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-02-2015 , 11:12 AM

Need some help with Toprig

Hi there,
I need your help with a script I bought today. It's called Toprig (here's the link to the demo vid https://youtu.be/MmoPNibVe40).
Well, I import my obj, press the toprig tab, it appears, then I select the obj and then nothing works as planned.
It keeps sending me a message about defining a skeleton and an error on a line of the script (see picture).
It the readme file, it is specified:
"*First , please, be sure that the freeze transformations tool is set as default setting !"
And I don't have the slightest idea on how to do that.
If anyone could bring me some help on that problem, it would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-02-2015 , 06:40 PM
EduSciVis-er
I'm not sure why toprig is erroring out, but I do know that to reset the freeze transformations, just open up the freeze transformations options box (Modify > Freeze Trasnformations > []) and go edit > reset settings.

# 3 09-02-2015 , 06:47 PM
Thank you for answering.
Is the obj the problem and should I try with a FBX version of the character?

# 4 09-02-2015 , 06:58 PM
EduSciVis-er
Looking at your mesh, I wonder if it's because you have a triangulated mesh, rather than nice clean quads. Check the requirements of the plugin, it might say there.

# 5 09-02-2015 , 09:49 PM
I can't find any information about TopRig. Or I don't know where to find it.
And if the problem is the triangulated mesh, is there a way to correct the problem?
I am a newbie but I can follow instructions.