Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-02-2015 , 07:37 PM

Nodes with incorrect names - help!

Hello, I've been having some issues with Maya 2015 on Mac, I've started to get this error when opening up my project.

"Warning nodes with illegal names were detected. They will not be supported in further versions of maya."

When I open the console I also get this information.

"Nodes with incorrect names ========
// FBXASC049:1SG
// FBXASC052:1SG
// FBXASC050:1SG"

Also another problem I just started having (I don't know if it's related to the node problem) but all the textures and meshes of the models are not there anymore and all that is left is blue lines the only way to kinder fix it that I know of is to select all and add a new texture to them it will fix the problem and I will be able to see the models but it means I will need to set up textures again. Does anyone know why this happens and is there a way to fix it with out having to re texture everything again!

Does anyone know how to fix this ? I can't find where the "FBXASC0" nodes are!

Thank you for your time and have a great day.

# 2 11-02-2015 , 03:03 AM
i have exactly the same issues.
i'm saving as .3ds from archiCAD18 and as .fxb from 3ds to bring my archicad model to maya... sending to maya directly from 3ds is not giving any results (the scene appears to be blank)
is there a way to autorename nodes as it is being saved in fxb format or any script that can help with that

I would appreciate any help =)