Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-04-2013 , 02:16 PM

Animations for game character

Hello, I'm making 3D character from scratch. I modeled and rigged and did few animations.
Goal is to create fully controllable character in Maya and export it to Unity 3d.
I cannot find any examples of how animations are created for this specific. I know now its normal to use motion trace, but I want to create everything manually.

So far I did "idle" walk and run cycles, they look fine. But when I come to creating any kind of going sideways its more complex, it doesn't look that realistic and precise.
How do professionals create this, if they work manually like I do now ?
For example if I create "walk forward and left" - do I need to create full 360% rotation around some path and guides that I create for myself ? Or it is like in normal straight walk cycle, that I can create minimum, two steps and loop them?

Here it is how it looks so far, I'm not worried about walk cycle because it is clear what to do to improove it, but turning left looks weird as it is looped from not too many frames.
https://youtu.be/6rcQsNQF_YI

# 2 28-04-2013 , 02:33 PM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 10-02-2015 , 06:49 AM
Banned
Thank you for sharing the resources. I am inspired to design and develop games after game play.