Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-05-2015 , 01:07 PM

Texture got different on neighbouring faces

Suppose the solution is simple, but I just cannot figure it out. I have done something on 4 of my faces, suppose wrong selected, and UV edited while texturing other object... How can I fix this?

user added image

Another thing bothering me is two objects with 0,0,0 coordinates do not take the same place in the scene. Any advice?

# 2 02-05-2015 , 08:10 PM
EduSciVis-er
You might need to UV map the object again. Or it could be a simple fix in the UV texture editor. Can you show a screenshot of the UVs in the editor? Doing a few UV tutorials will probably get you the info you need.

As for objects in the scene, the channel box shows object-based transforms. For example if you create a cube at the origin, then move it and freeze transforms, it will show 0,0,0 in the channel box. This has many useful functions, but to address your situation, you can Center Pivot, then hold x and snap to the origin, then freeze the transformations.

# 3 02-05-2015 , 09:49 PM
The second issue I have cleaned, but with the UVs still in trouble. Here is the screenshot:

user added image

Thank you Stwert.

Last edited by Cath; 02-05-2015 at 09:56 PM.
# 4 02-05-2015 , 10:16 PM
EduSciVis-er
Try selecting the edges between the faces that have the good texture and the faces that have the bad texture, and then in the UV texture editor go "Move and Sew". Save your scene before you do that because it might mess up the UVs further, but it might fix them. Again, a few tuts on UVing will help you understand how to solve this problem better than me trying to guess how the UVs are all connected or separated.