Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 11-09-2015 , 01:38 PM

maya 2016 crash issue

Hello everyone .
I have a file that i animated in maya 2014 , now when i open the file in 2016 and play animation maya crashes with no error .. not sure how to find whats the issue as cant eeven see the script editor.. any suggestions what can be done

# 2 11-09-2015 , 02:00 PM
SM Tea Boy
check the maya log file here

C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\My Documents\maya

you will see a file called mayaLog open it in a text editor and it should give you some clue as to why it crashed.

Are you using animation deformers? If you are maya 2016 now uses the gpu to speed this up so that may be causing it. Try turning of GPU Override in the settings under animation.

If you're using a rig try turning of parallel rig evaluation

If none of that helps post the contents of the maya log and me or someone else may be able to help further

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 11-09-2015 , 02:25 PM

check the maya log file here

C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\My Documents\maya

you will see a file called mayaLog open it in a text editor and it should give you some clue as to why it crashed.

Are you using animation deformers? If you are maya 2016 now uses the gpu to speed this up so that may be causing it. Try turning of GPU Override in the settings under animation.

If you're using a rig try turning of parallel rig evaluation

If none of that helps post the contents of the maya log and me or someone else may be able to help further

Thanks a lot David .. it was the problem of gpu overide..I turned it off and everything is working fine user added image ..Thanks again

# 4 11-09-2015 , 04:28 PM
SM Tea Boy
No problem glad you got it sorted.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"