Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 28-10-2015 , 07:48 PM

Error with Rigid Bodies

Hello.
I'm having a problem applying active rigid bodies in Maya 6. If this is the wrong place to ask this, then I'm sorry.
The problem I'm having is this:
Code:
select -r nurbsCylinder67 ;
CreateActiveRigidBody;
rigidBody -active -m 1 -dp 0 -sf 0.2 -df 0.2 -b 0.6 -l 0 -tf 200 -iv 0 0 0 -iav 0 0 0 -c 0 -pc 0 -i 0 0 0 -imp 0 0 0 -si 0 0 0 -sio none ;
// Error:  //
That's all it says... And there is no x mark on the cylinder indicating that it is a rigid body, nor are the coordinates in yellow (or any rigid attr showing). Does anyone know why this is happening?

/Edward

# 2 06-04-2016 , 10:19 AM
Ok. I really want to get this done, so if anyone could help me.

What I want is a wireframe mockup of a jetplane crashing into an invisible wall, and the method I had thought of was using Active Rigid Bodies.

In the file attached, I used nurb cylinders and torus to make the "skeleton" of the jetplane (also included), and then was hoping to send these pieces towards the invisible wall just to have them break up on impact (no gravity). The plane would travel for about 1 second.

So, if anyone can sort this out, and come back with either a Maya 6.0 file, or render it to transparent image sequence, that would be swell. (maybe 5 seconds in total)

/Edward

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Files
File Type: zip LandThePlane.zip (864.7 KB, 231 views)

Last edited by Edward256; 06-04-2016 at 08:05 PM.