Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-03-2003 , 05:36 PM

T-Rex

Hi all,
I have maya for about a year, allways trying to do somthing cool and intresting, but allways geting bored in the middle of the project, so now another one, and the first one that is shown to people. I was inspired by discovery programme where they've said that. T-rex wasn't a good hunter at all, he was slow and he didn't see well. user added image

ok there is the image tell me what you think:
full view yes only the head is more/less finished user added image
user added image
and ofcourse the head only ;D
user added image

and one more thing - i have very few refereances, it would be realy great to get more ;]

# 2 01-03-2003 , 05:39 PM
Good start bud....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 01-03-2003 , 05:40 PM
Subscriber
hah, really nice render.. just one thing. Someone telling you the T-Rex sucked is what inspired ya? Lol.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 4 01-03-2003 , 05:56 PM
yeah kinda, i liked the model of T-rex on discovery ;]
besides since when i've seen t-rex made by descreet (max 5r) or something like that I wanted to make it by my self because it had eyes like humans not like lizards so it looked like a dog ;]

# 5 02-03-2003 , 12:05 PM
Kevin
good start.

question - are you using reference images?

The t-rex has a very un-usual shape to it. Its very hard to get it right especially without refs. I was doing a rex (still need to finish) and had a lot of trouble with leg areas as the images I found where not very suitable so a lot of eye balling was invoved.

but keep going mate! also post up a wire frame and ill see if i can help you more

# 6 02-03-2003 , 08:11 PM
well, i have only side view and some head photos ;], since i dont draw well i can't draw it ;[, but I am jus't trying to do it the way it looks right to me

# 7 03-03-2003 , 09:21 PM
Supreme Being
nice start ! user added image
i'd also like to see a wire in the future.. keep it up