Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 26-03-2003 , 07:22 PM
Subscriber

Vertices not showing

Hi,

I hope someone can help me out with this ...

I'm using PLE 4.5 and it's working perfectly on my machine. However when I try and view the vertices on a poly shape (Select shape, RMB, drag to Vertex), they don't show. I believe they should appear as small purple boxes which turn yellow on selection. I've checked the masks and they are turned on. I'm just completely baffled.
I currently use 3ds Max 4 and vertices in that program do show, so I don't believe it's my graphics card.

I'm baffled, can anyone help please ?

Cleouser added image

# 2 26-03-2003 , 07:45 PM
Subscriber
did that problem just started happening or it's been like that?

-Emo

# 3 26-03-2003 , 08:03 PM
Subscriber
in 'window->settings/preferences->preferences there is a part about Display->polygons
maybe you find something there that's not normal. Or you could try restore default settings from the Edit menu.

hope this helps you.

<a href="https://www.d2lodshop.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">D2lodshop</a>
<a href="https://www.gatcity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">GAT City</a>
<a href="https://www.rhymbox.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">XMPP instant messaging</a>
# 4 26-03-2003 , 09:26 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by d24e
in 'window->settings/preferences->preferences there is a part about Display->polygons
maybe you find something there that's not normal. Or you could try restore default settings from the Edit menu.

hope this helps you.

Thanks for your suggestions but I have tried this and makes no difference. I think it must be my Graphics Card although this is OpenGL enabled.

# 5 26-03-2003 , 09:28 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Emo
did that problem just started happening or it's been like that?

-Emo

No it's been like this since installation and I've reloaded PLE from two different sources. Everything works fine apart from this.

# 6 26-03-2003 , 09:53 PM
um, sometimes that happens to me. but i just try to get teh verticies again, and they show up.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 7 26-03-2003 , 09:58 PM
Sounds like a graphics card driver problem... never heard this happening before...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 8 26-03-2003 , 11:54 PM
Subscriber
I had a problem with my graphics card drivers whenever I was using the Paint Effects brush.. (it would leave artifacts of the red circle all over my object) but I updated my drivers and it's gone...

what kind of Graphics Card do you have?

-Emo

# 9 28-03-2003 , 05:16 PM
Subscriber
Prophet 4500. It's OpenGL enabled and works fine on my home machine with 3ds Max 4.
Granted it's a realtive cheap product. Would you advise an upgrade ?

Thank you,

Cleo