Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-03-2003 , 08:41 PM

Zeegle W.I.P

Hey, finally decided to post a WIP here.Please forgive the really crappy render as Ive got Maya PLE.Also, I got Global Illumination off of a mate but I dunno how to use it properly.What would be really great is maybe if one of you guys could do some renders for me?user added image Well here is Zeegle.I PLan on rigging and animating him soon.Used a smooth proxy for the roughing out stage and I still have to figure out what Im going to do one the head.Please tell me what you think of it. user added image

Black_Robe

''Where do we go now?Where do we go now?...''
# 2 27-03-2003 , 08:44 PM
sorry that was an ancient render, I'll post a new one now...sorry

Black_Robe

# 3 27-03-2003 , 08:44 PM
The Maya Mountain
good start. user added image

Afraid PLE files can't be opened in liscensed versions.

# 4 27-03-2003 , 08:48 PM

darn...

Aw, crap...I wanted a few decent renders of him...user added image

Well heres an updated version of it, just rendered.Please tell me what you think I should do with the face and some rendering tips would also be handy...thanks.I want to keep the body pretty simply so thet its easy to animate user added image:banana:

Black_Robe

# 5 27-03-2003 , 08:50 PM
oops, pic would also be handy, not doing to well today....

Black_Robe

# 6 27-03-2003 , 08:58 PM
Another angle with a quick edit in photoshop coz the water mark was annoying me! user added image Here ya go. Please C&C!!! user added image

Black_Robe

# 7 27-03-2003 , 11:24 PM
Simply Maya OG
I like how he has 2 toes(the shape of them). Although the 3 fingers style is alittle generic....Looks pretty neat overall user added image

- Hybrid
# 8 27-03-2003 , 11:27 PM
thanks mate, the reason for the 3 fingers/2 toes combination is so its pretty easy to rig and animate user added image

Anyone got any suggestions for the head?What should I do?My imagination has blanked out when I think about what Im gonna do to the head, I have no idea! HELP! user added image:banana:

Black_Robe