Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-04-2003 , 03:30 AM

Need some help...

I am new to maya and I have designed a few simple things (nothing hard at all), so I decided that my next project would be some sort of gun... so I found a image for a gun and I was wondering how I could put the image in the background of the view in Maya to model over... if you can even understand that :p
(btw I am running Maya 4.5)

Thanks in advance

# 2 07-04-2003 , 03:37 AM

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 07-04-2003 , 02:30 PM
Subscriber
hmm... that is for creating a static image plane... normally used for refs,, and if you want one that will stay in the background o fthe view, then goto:

Window -> Rendering Editors -> Multilister -> cameras (tab)

double click perspShape and scroll down (if you have a low res screen), click the box on the right of the [Image Plane], which is in the environment tab, then rest is self explaining

# 4 07-04-2003 , 08:30 PM
Subscriber
Hi Lane,

if you want to use the method Tariqrf mentions I have just uploaded a tutorial about Setting up an image plane in Maya here... -->
https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...5091#post45091

it is for a car thou but the steps that have to be made is pretty much the same... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 5 07-04-2003 , 08:45 PM
Thanks all very much for the very helpful tips! user added image user added image