Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 18-04-2003 , 11:10 AM

PLE Version and Letters in the Background ?

Hello Friends !

I am using the PLE Version, and in the background are always big letters to see - it´s not really good to work with these letters.

does anybody know how I can make these letters invisible ?

thx,
bernhar

# 2 18-04-2003 , 11:25 AM
you mean the license stuff?
I think it isn´t possible to make that invisible.

# 3 18-04-2003 , 11:45 AM
Subscriber
man you can't
your using the PLE like i am and the letters are there because alias wavefront are giving you maya
--
if you want them to go you have to buy the real version

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 4 18-04-2003 , 12:13 PM
Subscriber
Maya is usually sold for several thousand dollars. Alias|Wavefront provide a free version of it called the PLE (which you have got). The PLE has the writing over the screen (called a "watermark") to stop people using this free verion for commercial production. You can't get rid of it. As another precaution the PLE also saves your work as a special file type which can only be read by the PLE. If the PLE didn't have these limitations there would be no reason for anyone to buy the full version and Alias|Wavefront would go broke!!

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 5 18-04-2003 , 12:32 PM

okay

thank you friends - I thought maybe it is possible to set the letters invisible - cause it´s not soo easy sometimes to model something or to try it.

but thx for your informations,
bernhard

# 6 18-04-2003 , 12:37 PM
Subscriber
I have to put up with the water mark myself - and I will admit that it is REALLY annoying at times!! After a while though you will begin to get used to it and you'll just see right though it as though it wasn't there.

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP