Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-04-2003 , 01:23 AM

Alien

hi guyz...
here is the new model that i modeled.... its kinda complete as far as the modelling is concerned...and know its texturing timee....Aaaahhhh I hate texturing....user added image
lol....anywayz.... one of the major part for the final look....
here is the model....

# 2 19-04-2003 , 01:24 AM
Another view...

# 3 19-04-2003 , 01:34 AM
Subscriber
Hah, what a cool alien.. it reminds me of needle man off of megaman! Anyways, one thing i see about this model is that how the hell does it stay balanced? like, i take it thats the way it walks.. if so you may want to figure out its center of balance.. as for now if this was real, the weight of his upper body would topple him over, so maybe lean his upper body foreward a bit, or at his stomache, bring the top half of the body foreward. Just suggestions user added image, looks great though! Was it Polys, subd's?

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 4 19-04-2003 , 07:18 AM
I agree with M´s points here. user added image
Excellent model though.

# 5 19-04-2003 , 11:29 AM
yes..great work
looks like some android from star wars episode 2

# 6 19-04-2003 , 05:10 PM
Thank you sooo much guys for your feedback and Suggestion... i really appriciate that M...... and yeah M.... i totally agree to you... and its my fault that i forgot to mention that this is in Sitting pose.... so when i m gonna rig it i will have to make the skeleton in sitting pose.... so when he will stand up...he will be straight....i have tried to mark it in the pic...
when i modeled it i was'nt aware of rigging much...that's till last week...but now when i m workin on skeleton... after looking at this model...the main problem that i see is that the thighs are shorter as compared to his lower legs...so i m gonna try either a different type of rigging or i might fix that prob in modelling by making his thighs big....
anywayz... please keep giving ur feedback...looking forward to it user added image

# 7 19-04-2003 , 05:18 PM
Subscriber
Alright, I made a small image to show you what i was talking about. Now I personally love the sitting postion as the walking position.. like instead of being a normal robot.. why not have a different walking style. But the center of balance has to be reasonable. So i say take the whole upper body down the the stomache, and rotate it 20 degrees or so foreward, like it shows in the image. OR you could rotate it 20 degrees foreward, then at the top of the stomache, rotate everything again up back to 90 degrees.. look at the image user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 8 19-04-2003 , 05:26 PM
Oh that's cool idea M.... thanx alot... i m gonna try it and after understanding what u mean...this idea also popped up in my head that why not make a stick for him and make him walk with that...as if any hauchback would do.... for that i will need to model his hand too... ain't that big deal though......
and with ur way...i think it will look cool while walking...to0o0o diiferent user added image thanx bud...
what do you say adldesigner?
and yyeah forgot to tell you that it was made with CPS. and its polygons... Simple smooth...