Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-07-2003 , 10:12 PM

image plane

I try importing an image plane in side view by going "View<image plane<Import Image but when i select the file i get this in the output window:
"IMF did not recognise image file C:/Documents and Settings/Everyone Else/My Documents/My Pictures/sketch.jpg.
IMF did not recognise image file C:/Documents and Settings/Everyone Else/My Documents/My Pictures/sketch.jpg.
IMF did not recognise image file C:/Documents and Settings/Everyone Else/My Documents/maya/projects/Bird/sourceimages/sketch.jpg.
IMF did not recognise image file C:/Documents and Settings/Everyone Else/My Documents/maya/projects/Bird/sourceimages/sketch.jpg.
"
this is what i want to load and it wont let me...its been doing this for all my image planes lately and i cant load any...any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc
# 2 08-07-2003 , 10:15 PM
this is what i get when i try it by texturing it with a nurbs plane
"IMF did not recognise image file C:/Documents and Settings/Everyone Else/My Documents/My Pictures/sketch.jpg.
IMF did not recognise image file C:/Documents and Settings/Everyone Else/My Documents/My Pictures/sketch.jpg.
"

# 3 08-07-2003 , 10:19 PM
try opening it with paint brush and saving it as TIF...and use the tif file in maya

- TwEeK
# 4 08-07-2003 , 10:28 PM
you are my savior!:bow: :bow: :bow: Let me sell you my soul! :bow: :bow: :yipee: :yipee: thanks!

# 5 08-07-2003 , 10:31 PM
uh.....................o.k :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- TwEeK
# 6 09-07-2003 , 02:12 AM
Subscriber
Another thing that i do that is wonderful because i never have any problems no matter what format i use.. is i make a lambert, then click on the thing beside color, push file.. then browse to my refrence image. This puts it to the lambert. Then i just make my plane and apply it to that.. sometimes the image on the lambert requires a 90degree turn.. but thats easy.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 7 09-07-2003 , 02:30 AM
Subscriber
i think that has sumthing to do with the compression method of the jpg
u can always try resaving it in photoshop or sumthing

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 8 09-07-2003 , 02:50 AM
M-I also just use a plane, i find it just easier to use and manipulate

- TwEeK
# 9 09-07-2003 , 02:51 AM
I *did* try the lambert method but it still didnt work with the JPEG

# 10 09-07-2003 , 02:57 AM
HAL, I got that same error when I tried to use Progressive jpgs. I changed them to basic and have had no problems since. But it could just be me user added image I have had some rather odd things happen when I follow my "wonder what this does?" instincts.