Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 18-07-2003 , 01:36 PM

:) THis is going to be fun

Well I was watching a movie yesterday, and I got inspired... Hope you can tell where this is going! user added image Can't really take to much credit on the model. Why? Well I aquired a really really detailed model of a 2001 Ford Explorer. The only problem was that the Model was very "dirty" Not many quads, more or less 3 and 5 sided Polys ( I will post an image to show the difference) anyways, I spent about 7 hrs "remodeling" the explorer. I basically just modeled over the original because it was easier than cleaning it up... Not sure what i should do for credit since I did it this way. Should I say Original model from So and so, remodeled by me?? Any suggestions? Anyways, I am going to have alot of fun with this, hope to get it done soon, My goal is to try and get another front page model user added image
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 2 18-07-2003 , 02:21 PM
Subscriber
can I see a wire of his and yours plz?

looks great so far btw, but what else is newuser added image

<a href="https://www.d2lodshop.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">D2lodshop</a>
<a href="https://www.gatcity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">GAT City</a>
<a href="https://www.rhymbox.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">XMPP instant messaging</a>
# 3 18-07-2003 , 03:29 PM
I would be glad to post some wires, but I am at work right now and the original is as home so I will post them as soon as I can. Like I said, i didn't really chage much, just cleaned it up. I will give you an update asap THanks!
Brian

BTW there aresome severe thunderstorms right now here user added image Kinda puts me in the mood to work on this. (remember the scene with the T_REX? user added image

I am also still trying to find out who did the original model so that I can give them credit.

Please check
My (old) website!
# 4 18-07-2003 , 05:06 PM
here is an update. Thanks,
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 5 18-07-2003 , 05:32 PM
Another cool model in the works! user added image
JP always hits a soft spot in my hearth ... ahhh .. *nostalgia*

# 6 18-07-2003 , 10:15 PM
Subscriber
what's with the ugly roof?

don't get me wrong, it's well modeled but I'll be damned if I ever drive one of those.

<a href="https://www.d2lodshop.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">D2lodshop</a>
<a href="https://www.gatcity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">GAT City</a>
<a href="https://www.rhymbox.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">XMPP instant messaging</a>
# 7 19-07-2003 , 02:48 AM
its on the original Jurassic park jeep. Thats Why I added it user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 8 19-07-2003 , 02:54 AM
Can't wait to see how it turns out man
looks good so far.

________

- Jacob
# 9 20-07-2003 , 09:47 PM
I have been working realy hard on these textures, alot more difficult than I thought, becuase the stuff has to be done from scractch. Anyways, I know its a little different than the original, but what do you think so far? This is B4 I do all of the fun modifications (like on the jeep) user added image. THanks alot, I can't wait to hear what you think
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 20-07-2003 at 09:49 PM.
# 10 20-07-2003 , 09:54 PM
Subscriber
as allways brian.. wow user added image

# 11 20-07-2003 , 10:02 PM
how the hell do you do the lighting for your renders?

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 12 20-07-2003 , 10:08 PM
Subscriber
Excellent Brian!

# 13 20-07-2003 , 10:11 PM
Thanks alot guys, I plan on getting the textures done tonight, thehardest part was the text and that Dino. How do I do my lighting? Well I usually use GI_Joe, but so far on this project I have used MR thanks Guys!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 14 20-07-2003 , 10:20 PM
Subscriber
Excellent Brian i love it .. when you have finished i would like it for a desk top please ..

P4 3.2 ATI 9800xt 256. 1gb ram 19"lcd ..
# 15 20-07-2003 , 11:20 PM
No problem Killer. For my final images, I am going to make it as realistic as I can and try to make it look like a ford advertisement, it is going to be the 2003 Ford Explorer, "JP Eddition". user added image What do you think?

Brian

BTW certain things still need work, like the Pillars on the windows that still need to be converted to Subd's. I will get to all that when I get the textures done... user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!