Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 11-10-2003 , 07:52 AM

HEEELLPPP!!!!!!!!

ok, i'm working on WinXP, and i change my themes quite often, on day i opened maya and my custom UI disappeared!!!!!!!!!!!! my colors, shelves , EVERYTHING!!!. i fixed that, but now my left mouse button is popping up with a marking menu i cant select crap. i searched and searched on how to fix this but i came up empty everytime. is it the XP themes, did i click something in maya i shouldn't have? HELP!! please.

my pc is acting weird, before this, the program was limiting me on how many hotkeys i can assign, now thats gone but now there's the left mouse button problem!! what the hell?

Genuser added image

# 2 11-10-2003 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber
sounds like your computer is messed up. maybe run a virus scan?

# 3 11-10-2003 , 08:46 PM

thanx

i already did that but it tells me that i don't have a virus. i did some digging and i think its XP, that's it i'm switching to 2K, i know its better for maya but i chose to use xp because it "prettier". thanx again

Genuser added image

# 4 11-10-2003 , 08:50 PM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, 2K seems the most stable. We use it at work.

# 5 11-10-2003 , 09:35 PM
I've used maya on XP from the start with no problems. I never use themes, though and run it in classic mode so it looks more like 2000. *shrug*

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 6 11-10-2003 , 09:36 PM
Subscriber
Mmm. Been using 2k for 2 years now. No problems.

# 7 12-10-2003 , 01:05 AM
When you run a theme it changes the look of the windows for all your programs as well. It may have messed up a setting in Maya that controls the GUI. My render problem was due to a bad setting in the preferences I had loaded, so apparently a lot has to do with the preferences and settings in Maya that determines how it works.

Try this. DONT CHANGE THEMES! :p

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 8 12-10-2003 , 06:10 AM
thanx guys. i found out what the problem was, it seems that if i switch certain hotkeys, they execute different commands than what i intended user added image ( although i find that weird, cuz i'm sure assigned them correctly) oh well, you live and you learn. i'm splitting my hard drive anyway so i can get 2k just for maya, cuz xp has been getting on my nerves lately.

thanx again guys.