Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 12-10-2003 , 07:53 PM

HELP!!! THIS IS A PICKLE FOR Camera image planes???

Ok guys. This problem has been driving me nuts so I know one of you Maya demi-gods can solve it. Here it goes:

I imported a video background image (from Boujou tracking) and brought it into Maya 5. I set everything up and cannot see ANY objects infront of the camera image/plane. I checked the Depth of the camera clipping planes but they should be fine? Look at the pic to see if these are ok?

I have checked all my settings and they should be correct. Can you guys tell me why I can not see the 3D objects; but when I select the object and move it....it becomes visible until I stop manupliating the object?

I have a Radeon 9700 Pro ALL IN WONDER card but I have loaded the latest drivers and this bug I am incountering is the only buggy thing on my system. Can this be a Maya bug???

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 12-10-2003 , 07:55 PM
The Maya Mountain
By any chance has the Show options been turned off on the camera view?

Otherwise, I'm not sure. I usually just use a geoemtry plane as a backdrop.

# 3 12-10-2003 , 08:03 PM
hmmmm. Not sure. Where is the Show options window or menu? Thx for the quick reply.

# 4 12-10-2003 , 08:11 PM
Subscriber
I usually just use a geometrical plane like Mike said. Easier to use in my opinion. Having you tried moving around your scene in a different camera to see if everything is alright?

# 5 12-10-2003 , 08:15 PM
I can try that. I was only going through this route since I had tracked the scene in Boujou and exported the camera. The strange thing is that it works on my work system.

I can see the object from the Perspective view with the background image but when I move the object...this time the background image disappears? LOL.