Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 24-10-2003 , 01:23 PM
Remember in the first movie, Neo kept waking up? What if at the end of the third movie, he just just....wakes up, and it was all a dream...or was it? LoL I thought that would be funny, might make some people upset though. Or...what if it was a matrix within a matrix, with in a matrix, ect..... Sorry
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 32 24-10-2003 , 03:16 PM
Well in any case I cant wait for Nov. 5. That's when Matrix Revolutions comes out here.

...and that is how I saved the world.
# 33 24-10-2003 , 04:36 PM
I tell you what though. It better not be some major mind f**k or people will riot in the streets! pffft. "All he does is wakes up and it was just a dream'. Man! I would hunt down the Wachowskilikimobiki brothers and shoot them myself!

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 34 24-10-2003 , 04:42 PM
LOL THATS WHAT MATT AND I WERE SAYING, PRETTY FUNNY THOUGH

Please check
My (old) website!
# 35 24-10-2003 , 05:00 PM
Subscriber
All I know that the matrix doesn't end. The online matrix game is gonna pick up from the matrix movies.

# 36 24-10-2003 , 05:19 PM
Um... I don't the game will do all that good a job of picking up the story. user added image :bgreen:

# 37 24-10-2003 , 05:36 PM
I think the Matrix is just a Matrix within another matrix that is just a test of what the humans could do so the robots can prepare user added image

# 38 24-10-2003 , 08:00 PM
Subscriber
noone can be told what the matrix is, you have to see it for yourself :p

but i agree with something someone said earlier, the matrix is one of the deepest films i have ever seen, i really dont understand why or how anyone can say its not deep

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 39 24-10-2003 , 08:34 PM
I do not know about you but I really want to see one of those mech blasting the hell out of the squids. I wanted to see the hoverships ambush the squids in the tunnels.

# 40 24-10-2003 , 09:12 PM
Matrix is cool, but I wouldn´t go as far as saying it´s "deep".

I want to see more real bullettime user added image .. I saw the other day a screening of both, and d*mn .. after you compare both movies effects .. you just can´t help but think "Yikes, first one felt a lot more real".

By the way, me has tickets for the third´s premiere. Over here it´s at 10 am. (With all the "world hullabalooza premiere")

# 41 24-10-2003 , 09:33 PM
To me the second one it seemed like Neo lost all the speed he had for fighting in the first one. He did not have the bullet time arm movements.

About the deep part. I am not sure how you could not say it is deep. It is not your normal blast them up futuristic movie. None of us even nows what is going on and if that is true after two movies and you can still say it is not deep, well then I would hate to watch a movie this is deep in your eyes. I would be incredably lost. .user added image Well more so than usual. user added image

# 42 24-10-2003 , 09:57 PM
Matrix is deep, we even watched the Matrix in our philosphy class in high-school. user added image

# 43 24-10-2003 , 10:04 PM
I wish I went to your highschool.

# 44 24-10-2003 , 10:11 PM

Originally posted by RickStefani
To me the second one it seemed like Neo lost all the speed he had for fighting in the first one. He did not have the bullet time arm movements.

You know your right? I didn't realize that until just now. Must of wasted all the special effects money on the first movie. user added image. Hehe.

# 45 24-10-2003 , 10:20 PM
Both he and the agents fight VERY fast. They cant have all the fight scenes being one big blur, and cant have 25 of bullet time. Also, he dosnt need to doge bullets any more remember?

"You mean i can dodge bullets?"
"No Neo, when your ready, you wont have to."

Also. Heres some things IMO.

Orphin give Neo spoon, says "There is no spoon." In the first movie, this means: 'Where you are isnt real, so there is no spoon.'

Orphin give Neo Spoon in the second movie. This can mean:
1: Remember when you go into the Matrix, there is no spoon, so go kick ass. (Although he is the one, and dosnt need a "Go get him" coment.)
2: I have figured out that Zion is not real either, and im trying to tell you this, by giving you a spoon.

This is one of the many things that makes me think Zion is a Matrix.

Then the Architect speach says otherwise...

Architect: Please, as I was saying she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99 percent of all test subjects accepted the program as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at an near unconscious level. While this answered function it was obviously fundamentally flawed thus creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly, that if left unchecked might threaten the system itself. Ergo those that refuse the program while a minority if unchecked would constitute an escalating probability of disaster.

The following is not my note, but i think it says some good things.
NOTE: The anomaly in the system is created by giving those in the system choice, even very minor choice. Those that refused the system even when given a choice will cause disaster if they are not contained or “kept in check” by the machines. Notice also that the Architect says "those that refuse the program." This is based upon his previous assertion that, "nearly 99 percent of all test subjects accepted the program as long as they were given a choice." This seems to indicate that according to the Architect, the 1% who don't accept the program, reject the program EVEN when they are given a choice. Are we to believe that this 1% don't accept one program even when given a choice but then turn around and accept another programmed reality with no problem? The problem with this group seems to be that they reject programmed reality EVEN when it includes a choice. This seems to indicate quite clearly that the Zion world cannot be another Matrix, for if it were this 1% would not accept it. To suggest that they reject one programmed reality while accepting a second seems to contradict the dialog.
End the quote.

As far as that line of his speach goes, although i realise using larger numbers would be yet more confusing to the veiwer, but 1% of the 6 billionpeople that live on earth, is 60 million people. is Zion that full?

Ehh.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!