Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-10-2003 , 11:12 PM

whats the easiest way to build a mountain? or crystal like organic rocks?

user added image

I'm working on an opening title for superman its my final project and in my sequence i'm including exterior of the mountain and the interior which will look like a cave with crystalized rocks....those of u who saw superman would knwo what exactly do i need... i was wondering how would i go about constructing a mountain and the inside to make it look like a cave?

# 2 06-11-2003 , 07:54 AM
For mountain I think the fastest way would be to create a plane with high UV counts and then use the sculpt tool to pull out areas and work on making a mountain. As for crystals, I dont know what that looks like But im guessing their diamond shaped sorta that are long and spiky wise? If so, you can make alot of cubes with different sizes, and just extrude them up and work towards a crystal shape..

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 3 06-11-2003 , 08:26 AM
Subscriber
or you can use a free terrain generator that can export into maya

MSN: mizin_alex@hotmail.com
E-MAIL: mizina@alphalink.com.au
# 4 06-11-2003 , 02:22 PM
Subscriber
what FREE terain generator??

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 5 06-11-2003 , 10:39 PM
Subscriber

MSN: mizin_alex@hotmail.com
E-MAIL: mizina@alphalink.com.au
# 6 06-11-2003 , 11:44 PM
Tick, another 'free' one would be Terragen. https://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/ Free for individual use, pay for commercial use.
Missinna can use it for the ground layout but I don't think it will work well for the crystal Fortress of solitude from the Superman movies. Orgeeizm's comments sound awesome for that though..

AL San Miguel
<a href="https://www.smgd.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.SMGD.com
# 7 07-11-2003 , 12:26 AM

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."