Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-06-2003 , 10:47 AM
Subscriber

Does anybody own a Logitech mx500 mouse? (or any logitech mouse)

Hi, I'm having a problem with my mouse in Maya, its a logitech mx500. The problelm is with the middle mouse button (also doubles as the scroll button), basically it just wont act like a middle button should in maya, any ideas? it makes a select box instead.

# 2 04-06-2003 , 11:34 AM
Subscriber
Did you install the Logitech-drivers, or did you use the Windows Standard drivers for this mouse?

whatever!
# 3 04-06-2003 , 04:13 PM
Subscriber
I have an MX700 which is an excellent mouse, but having read some reviews I did not install the Logitech mouseware drivers but instead have the mouse running on Microsoft intellipoint optical drivers. Never had much luck with Logitech drivers although I love their mice.

See this rather good review for details about the unpleasant things that can happen with the logitech drivers for the new MXs (good site this overall I find);

https://www.tomshardware.com/consumer...x_mice-06.html

If you have the Logitech ones installed try Microsoft ones instead- I have not had any problems with them and am really pleased with the mouse performance, particularly in games. I have not had any errors or issues working in Maya (I am running XP).

# 4 04-06-2003 , 04:51 PM
I use a logitech optical mouse with the logitech drivers and it works fine. If you go to settings -> control panel -> mouse, you should be able to configure what each button (including the scroll wheel) does via the tab menu.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 04-06-2003 , 05:03 PM
Subscriber
There are particular problems with the MX series drivers though.

# 6 04-06-2003 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll try out those other drivers, as I'm also having a few problems in games like ut2k3 bf1942 etc with getting scroll buttons to do their job...

Great mouse tho for everything else I highly recommend them !

# 7 09-06-2003 , 06:29 AM
Subscriber
Sweet problem solved guys, I checked out that toms hardware page and ended up downloading the latest logitech drivers , 976 I think, and they fixed the problem and fixed the scrollbar problem in games too, so alls well again user added image