Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 22-05-2006 , 05:52 PM
Subscriber
hi sure i can yeah.
its just a blinn with 3 in the excentricity and 7 in in specular and reflections r 5
Although u wont get the same results i suspect as u need to tweak ure irradiance and i have diferent light sources to get the look i have here.

<a href="https://www.angelfire.com/blog/simon_hitchins/3d_models"> My Website </a>
# 17 22-05-2006 , 06:17 PM
Thanks.

# 18 22-05-2006 , 06:44 PM
Subscriber
Hey guys!
Ok i have finished this model i will leave it as is.
I decided against doing a large scene as the phone would become too small to see much of it. i like this though so alls good!

Attached Thumbnails

<a href="https://www.angelfire.com/blog/simon_hitchins/3d_models"> My Website </a>
# 19 22-05-2006 , 06:46 PM
Subscriber

# 20 22-05-2006 , 07:08 PM
Did you UV texture map each button?

# 21 22-05-2006 , 07:10 PM
I think, he didn't, keeping in mind how fast he works. user added image

# 22 22-05-2006 , 07:31 PM
Wow, nice work magicsy.
I love the materials you used for this scene, I'd really like it if you could make a tutorial or just try and make some cool ones for download, so I can see how you do it. I am quite low on good materials right now, I'm like a broken machine when it comes to making materials.

Very nice scene, 9/10

bobalie

P.S.: Curious, how long have you been in 3d art? I have been modelling for little under a year and a half, on and off.

P.S.S. Urvanism, I love your picture, whatever that is user added image maybe a llama?

# 23 22-05-2006 , 08:01 PM
Sorry for talking about not realated to this thread things, but that thing in my picture is a donkey user added image, i've taken this photo myself. Sorry again for writing this where we should talk abuot the 3d phone user added image.

# 24 22-05-2006 , 09:03 PM
Subscriber
hmmmm.. i wonder who will be telling magiscy to ring her??

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 25 23-05-2006 , 04:58 PM
Subscriber
hahah 13th.
It says ring Bank* wrote by me lol....to the wife.
Thanks for the nice comments boys user added image
I have been using Maya for about 7 months or so.
And about a tut the next model i do in the Wip i will Take u through it all like kinda a Tut style so i can show u how i work?
Either that or be paid!!! hahahah
Cya soon.
sy.

*Edit as its not totally just the materials i make its alos lighting and other tweaks here n there to manipulate the colours and look im after.

# 26 24-05-2006 , 02:32 AM
Hey, please don't make the tutorial priced user added image . Atleast not for some months to come, because I am going to be getting some jobs 'round the house and out of the house.

Materials... I really dont know what to do with them user added image

Anyways, very nice phone, materials, lighting and scene. I really like the smooth, almost organic look of the phones holder. My phone holder looks like crap, its all boxy user added image user added image

# 27 30-08-2006 , 02:46 PM
Subscriber
looks so real and nice =] great job