Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 30-10-2008 , 12:59 AM
Subscriber
I could be wrong. I have ultimate asuming that home basic was limited to 3 gigs like windows xp home.

I guess that there is where my misinterpretation started.

# 17 02-11-2008 , 08:54 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
i think i read in a comp mag that vista 64 bit becomes really unstable past 4gig........

# 18 02-11-2008 , 10:58 AM
Subscriber
I think that magazine needs to redo there tests then. If its an old article, then they for sure need to update there statement.

My current spec

Vista 64bit
Ram 8 gig
Videocard geforce 8800 gts

Have i ever had a crash? > Nope never encoutered a single crash.

# 19 02-11-2008 , 03:34 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
since you been running that and never had a single crash im guessing ill have to take your word for it....
now i have another problem i tried downgrading from vista to xp the problem is none of my drivers worked other than my dispay drivers my board is a P945GCNL. that board should be xp compatible the usb refuses to work the sound drivers refuse to install im using the drivers cd that came with the board .
it just tells me after a while that(during installation) that it failed and the moment i re-install vista everything works fine

# 20 02-11-2008 , 03:53 PM
Subscriber
Well you have to check if your vista drivers are xp compatible.

Drivers in general are not always useable in both OS versions.

Software is not a problem mostly.

But drivers need to be Vista or Xp certified or at least that the company says it should be compatible.

I have never downgraded so i have no personal experience, only upgraded.

If you cant find it out i`d suggest contact your computer brand company for support.

Btw: I have an HP and i had vista 32bit installed, but maya crashed with large files so i upgraded to 64bit. HP is not great in support as there pretty stupid. They claimed that they did not support drivers for it, while they have drivers online. So there a bit outdated on support, Anyways why i`m saying this even thou a company dose not support an OS version there are always ways. As HP at the time did not have all drivers so sometimes you need to go to the manufacturer itself like Mainboard, cpu, sound, etc etc...

# 21 03-11-2008 , 02:40 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

If you cant find it out i`d suggest contact your computer brand company for support

i got my machine in uk im all the way here in kenya so....(that africa just in case you didnt know)

# 22 03-11-2008 , 02:46 PM
Subscriber
you can still contact the company using email on there website even if its UK.