Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 28-01-2013 , 05:52 PM

User license was not obtained?

I've looked in plenty of places and have spent hours searching these two errors. I've found plenty of solutions to fixing and they've worked for other people, but none work for me. These two errors bot pop up at the same time while trying to open up Maya. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Images
# 2 28-01-2013 , 07:10 PM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 28-01-2013 , 08:06 PM
Subscriber
Are you sure you have a network licence and not a standalone license... Could that be the issue?

# 4 04-02-2013 , 12:27 AM
The weird part is, I'm running a standalone license...
From the replies I've gotten from you guys, I have a Network license problem. How is this possible?

# 5 04-02-2013 , 01:44 AM
EduSciVis-er
I have had similar problems with standalone licenses, if I recall. You could contact Autodesk, and they should be able to help you out.

My problems had various solutions, so I'm not sure what your situation is. I've tried changing env variables, restarting the flexlm service thing etc etc.

# 6 04-02-2013 , 03:22 PM

The weird part is, I'm running a standalone license...
From the replies I've gotten from you guys, I have a Network license problem. How is this possible?

If you have a standalone license then you do not need a license server and you should not be getting a license server error. As I recall when you do the installation you select either network or standalone licensing and it appears you selected the wrong one.

Beyond this I would recommend you contact Autodesk for installation support.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675