Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 14-11-2013 , 11:57 AM
Banned

which software is the best for animating?

hi - iam new here user added image and my english not good enugh cuze i start it 2 month ago i will improve user added image

and about my qustion i should explane more:

i mean - i using of maya for modeling and making the sence of an animation but my qustion is whats the best software for working with maya for animating? i found Softimage useful for this work - is it good for animationing ?

which software is use by the big animation companies for animating ??

iam wating for your answer user added image

Last edited by m0hammad; 14-11-2013 at 12:00 PM.
# 2 14-11-2013 , 01:40 PM
Subscriber
The best answer I can give, is that you use what ever software you feel most comfortable with.
Maya is used widely for animation, and If you already know how to use it, isn't it a little silly to learn another package to do something you can do in the software you already know? Obviously if you are looking for a job that requires knowledge of XSI, Houdini or Softimage then by all means learn them.

When I first got interested in 3D, I couldn't decide on what software to learn and I kept changing every few months, not having completed a single project in any of them, which looking back know really hindered my learning. So stick to the software you feel most comfortable with and find best suits your needs. By all means learn multiple software, but try and learn ones that you can use in conjunction with your 'primary' package.

I still get distracted by wanting to learn something new, stopping what I'm currently working on and then never coming back to it, which is a really bad habit that I need to stop, as I never end up having anything to show for the 100's of hours I spend teaching myself.

# 3 14-11-2013 , 02:15 PM
Technical Director
Maya is pretty much the standard for animation.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 14-11-2013 , 02:33 PM
Banned
thank you friends . but i think the Interaction betwen the softwares is very good

atudesk made the softwares with different Using and this is a great point for working in 3d world -isnot in your opinion?

i dont think artists in animation companies just use of one software like maya for all of steps like modeling and animating.

how ever i know that maya is very powerful and useful.
but i like Interaction betwen 3d softwares becuse i think it give you a good point for working flexible and better

# 5 14-11-2013 , 07:39 PM
Technical Director
Most studios will pick one main tool, and use that primarily, as it costs too much money to develop tools and a pipeline around multiple main applications. However they will sometimes use other pieces of software for their strengths. For example Houdini for dynamics, ZBrush for sculpting, etc; however it all goes back into the main application at some point.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.