Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-02-2014 , 12:43 PM

How to import a forgotten blend shape into a rigged character?

Hi,

following some suggestions you guys gave me, I learnt to built an IK rig for a few imported DAZ characters
Thanks for suggestion it : )

I used the suggested Rigging Toolbox, this may or may not be important in the question.

Now, here is a little problem:
When I exported these characters from DAZ as .fbx, I forgot to select one of the blend shape group to export.
(the brow up-down, left-right etc.) So stupid of me.
So I exported these charactes again, now with all the blend shapes, but I already built IK with Rigging Toolbox.

So now I have
1) character(s) with fully built IK, weights, but a few missing blend shape group
2) same reexported character(s) as .FBX, with all correct blend shapes, but no IK yet.

How to avoid rebuilding the IK with Rigging Toolbox - somehow merge character 1 and 2 together?
I used Rigging Toolbox "save skeleton", but it doesn't seem to save the IK setup.

Any other way to avoid of hours of reworking, as I have more than one character already built with Rigging Toolbox?
Thank you!