Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 12-01-2004 , 01:27 AM

WIP Mech

c+c appreciated user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Zyk0tiK; 12-01-2004 at 02:25 AM.
# 2 12-01-2004 , 01:46 AM
Subscriber
pic size a little smaller. would be cool to see a wire. Looks like a cool start except I don't see how the feet would move much, it dosn't look like they have any room befor they would bind with the shin and calf plats.

# 3 12-01-2004 , 02:25 AM
updated the pic user added image

yeah i realise that the knees might not work properly... it's all testing and stuff user added image

# 4 12-01-2004 , 02:42 AM
here's the wire.

Attached Images
# 5 12-01-2004 , 05:49 AM
man i'm flying through this thing user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 12-01-2004 , 10:46 PM
Subscriber
the great part about making a mech, is that the more clutter around it makes it look even better.... try throwing in some wiring around the joints to give it the real badass mech affect... user added image

# 7 13-01-2004 , 07:35 AM
yeah it's actually for a game in development, that isn't the actual mech, that is a chassis. there will be about 5 different armour upgrades for it and stuff so it wont look that plain...

# 8 13-01-2004 , 08:46 AM
its failry popular but the open cavity chest/stomach area has so many flaws... but i reccomend if you want the open cavity, try putting a failry thin layer between the rib plates and putting a plastic shader to it, so it looks liek clear armor for a little more protection.

There should be a joint for the "toes" or "toe unit" of the mech so it can walk/run.

Will it have boosters or thrusters? Where? If they are and in the back of the core like usual, i recomend adding some small stabilizer boosters to the side or back of the caffs, they may not have to do much, but they make it look better.

The ankle needs more room to pivot, rais the shin armor slightly higher, or drop the foot some.

Maybe raise the guns slightly to keep the balance, if it fired them(what looks like machine guns?) now, it would loose its balance and start to tumble, unless you make the heel of the foot stick back farther.

Im a major mech fan and plan on watching your threaduser added image

My sig has my First Maya project/ Mech in it. Its very crude and my first model If you interested, by no means is it anything special though.

# 9 13-01-2004 , 08:04 PM
yeah, the open cavity is there for one reason, to add armour to it. that is the chassis, there will be armour to slot over the cavity and stuff. boosters will be an upgrade on the mech, which will be included in a different form of armour, like i say, it's the chassis. You may be right about the guns toppeling it over user added image in all honesty this is a test model for a work-in-progress game which we estimate release in about 4 years time so not a great deal of though has gone into it. it's just to test the engine works and all that sorta stuff. About the foot, all parts are individually modeled, including the feet.

Anyways glad you're interested user added image

# 10 14-01-2004 , 12:07 AM
It looks difficult for the foot to move, like free space between the armor plates.

The open cavity would make sense if you could upgrade,, but maybe have something thin there to block shots and you can upgrade it. Because one bullet could hit the spinal column and completely disable it..

# 11 14-01-2004 , 07:14 PM
lol the mech cant be used in the game untill you have a layer of armour on it :|

it's had quite a bit of work done to it to improve it, as shown here www.zyk0tik.com/Mecha.jpg user added image

# 12 20-01-2004 , 05:44 PM
looking good! Keep it up!

-------------------------------------------