Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 25-06-2005 , 11:36 PM
Subscriber

Starting a list

Ok I will be setting up a list of all people interested in working on this project. Please contact me at slatamilian@yahoo.com before the end of July. Please take part in this no matter how much or how little you know. All ideas are to be considered and hopefully as a group we can do something really great. I will start posting the names and email addresses of the people who are interested as they contact me. Thanks again.

Chris

CDV
# 32 26-06-2005 , 04:24 PM
The movie should be max 10 min long!
Not too complex and detailed scene but rather focus on character complexsivty...they are telling the story!
I agree that the one who makes the best script should lead the whole process cuz he has the best vision and he should make rough scathecs of the story.Then we could give suggestions for each shot and so giving the story more finer visualization.
Then we have pre production finished, now we can start developing characters, and scens.
One modeler- one character-more animators can animate the same character but in diffrent shots.
Scene modelers,special fx artist...
Still we need good texture artist!!!

# 33 26-06-2005 , 04:40 PM
The Maya Mountain
If you're really looking to finish something, I'd say 3-5 min should be your goal. That's still a ton of work to get something really high quality.

# 34 26-06-2005 , 08:44 PM
I agree with mtmckinley.
We can go short but achive more quality.
5min=7200frames 24fps
=9000frames 30fps
Thats a lot of frames to fill!

Still we should really stick to it if we want it to realise it, otherwise it can all be just a small talk!

Lets go......

# 35 26-06-2005 , 08:46 PM
Subscriber
I totally agree with Mtmckinley, 3-5min is what we should be aiming for for. Start simple, and if it turns out that the our progress was panominal then maybe the second flick will be twice the length. Here's a suggestion, for script ideas if we have a lot of animators here we could make a "funny short flick", funny films always tend to be passed to a friend in an email. But if we're mostly modelers and such here, maybe something a lil more dramatic, we could design a 3-5min game trailer for a "game that doesn't exist" but would be pretty cool to play.

These are not only optionsm, but maybe if all agree one of the two scenarios then we can narrow done a script idea.

https://www.verticalincline.com
# 36 27-06-2005 , 07:15 AM
i'm up for this if you guys are interested still.

# 37 30-06-2005 , 12:05 PM
Subscriber
Hello

I would really like to join the project.
I'm beginner/intermediate and i mostly model.
I thought maybe i could do some backgroundobjects and such.

Last edited by kablink; 30-06-2005 at 12:13 PM.
# 38 30-06-2005 , 10:41 PM
Great, so you wanna help out.

Email either slatamilian@yahoo.com or puddyman@gmail.com or both!!

Get yer emails in, we'd like to see everyone who's interested to get an email off to the rest of us before the end of july, we'll then set up some sort of chat to discuss the project. Get racking yer brains on some sweet, sweeeeet ideas in the mean time though user added image

:nod:

# 39 04-07-2005 , 11:03 AM

Worried

i'm a bit worried you guys who said you'd like to do this aren't wanting to do it anymore.
As it stands there are 4 of us that have emailed in showing interest, it seems this thread is dying off a bit and people are slowly forgetting about this. I'd love to do it but i'm no master at maya and we're gonna need all the help we can get.
If you can get an email in before the end of july then we can get started and arange some sort of chat between all interested parties. YOU HAVE THE POWAH!!!!!!!!!! peace out.

# 40 04-07-2005 , 12:51 PM
Subscriber

I'm still interested, why can't we use this thread to be our "brainstorming meeting place". I'm only speaking for myself, I don't know the others views but I don't see the point of emailing you when in turn we still have to find somewhere to chat and discuss. That beyond the point, if we want to do this we just need to start shooting ideas for brainstorm.. I attempted to start off with a theme.. but no one responded to it. Also you have to keep in mind that alot of us have our own jobs or projects underway.. so if you want to get this underway, you gotta come up with an awesome storyline. Then we can divide the work etc. Or give some proper feedback.

# 41 04-07-2005 , 05:22 PM
Subscriber

interest

The interest is pretty good so far, I think there is now a total of six people interested I´m going to post a thread at the WIP and Finished work part of this site to try to get more interest. I´m going to look for people who know specific things. I am on vacation in Mexico now but when I return I will set up a chat for Yahoo i hope that that is ok. The reply above says to us this website to work on our project and we will but I don´t think it will be enough. I really think a chat would be a good thing. I will be sending an email some time next week after the 9th to discuss a chat room meeting. I will set up a chat room just for us to work in. Thanks to all interested.

Chris

CDV
# 42 04-07-2005 , 05:50 PM
Sure, we can talk in here, but at some point we are definitely gonna need e-mail addresses to transfer files.

this forum is a good start, a chat room would be nice, and to find out who's for real it'd be nice to get an email list of everyone involved so we know how many people we are dealing with and have a way to contact each other as well as in here.

(i'd like to do an animation involving a "chav" as a main character, but i don't know if you guys get them in other countries, theyr'e everywhere in england!
its hard to describe what a chav is but other names include - scroates, scalleys, kev's, geeza' and so on.)

https://www.fat-pie.com/chav2.wmv

# 43 04-07-2005 , 09:14 PM
Subscriber
I have no idea, what I just watched... for 3 mins or so.. is this what you wanna base the movie on?

# 44 05-07-2005 , 11:15 AM
hehehe, nah it's ok. I think we only get weirdo's like that in England. There's no point in making a short just based on my hatred of chavs. Its a project i'll be doing on my own in the future.
we need something everyone will be able to relate to/understand.

have you guys seen "the auction"? i thought it was a sweet little short. very inspiring

https://www.colossart.com/theauction/

# 45 05-07-2005 , 03:39 PM
ok....thats a lot of talking but if we cant agree in 4 weeks now...
we can post 164 more replays to this thread and still stay on the same place!
We need a good story...does any ona have it????
I gess not!
Post the stories not some small talkin "can we make it"
I'm sure we CAN
Can we make it real good?
I dont know, we'll just have to try and see....right?

So put the names of an artist in one place who wants to get involved!
Make a new thread called "xxxxx" there anyone who wants to be a part of it write his name,e-mail,ICQ#....maybe the PC you are using.....rate your self from 0-10
example:

-John Malkovich
-piggy@pig.com
-132-312-425
-modeler-rate 7,maybe he is also a great animator
-intel 3 Ghz,1024 MB Ram,GeForce xxx.

So we'll have all the info about each of us in one place!
Thats my suggestion but if you have something better speak up but lets get this thing started already!!!