Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 07-03-2006 , 11:06 PM
cool! - u got any links to some of ya work??

also, i need some help with the eyes... they r a nurbs sphere with a blinn + texture. is there a setting i can adjust to reduce some of the reflection? they seem to reflect the horizon & look a little glassy.

# 17 07-03-2006 , 11:08 PM
glassy eyes

Attached Images
# 18 08-03-2006 , 02:43 AM

# 19 08-03-2006 , 05:41 AM
HELP?

can anyone offer a suggestion for the eyes?
at the moment they are a binn with texture, reflection set to 1 & reflection blur set to 5 (as I'm tryin to get rid of the sharp horizontal line of the horizon's reflection) I don't want to remove reflections all together, maybe just reflect the light?

maybe i should be doing another way?? maybe a phong??

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by tiddles; 08-03-2006 at 06:03 AM.
# 20 08-03-2006 , 06:19 AM
I think they look Great, try setting the Reflection to .2 or something..

# 21 08-03-2006 , 07:20 PM

Originally posted by tiddles
cool! - u got any links to some of ya work??

Unfortunatly not a the mo, bit swamped with work but its something thats on my to do list!

# 22 19-03-2006 , 08:12 PM
UPDATE ::

Well it's been a while & I have done bugger all (too busy with everything else i guess :headbang: )

Anyway, I adjust the reflection on the eyes (thanks for the suggestion concorddawned) and that helped alot. I then stumbled across a tool in Maya hidden in the FUR menu (of all places :p ) that allowed me to paint away the fur in his mouth & also allowed me to brush the furs direction. :attn:

So here he is for now....
Also, is there a way to paint color on a nurb surface? As I'd like to be able to darken the inside of his mouth and maybe paint on some lips...

PS: made another animation test, this time he is sort of panting. let me know what you think...

https://dhost.info/tiddles/link.html

Attached Thumbnails
# 23 20-03-2006 , 06:53 PM
Subscriber
Hello tiddles,

I like your character. If you want to paint the inside of it's mouth try out the 3D paint tool. If you select the geometry you want to paint then select the 3D paint tool from the texturing menu you will be able to paint on the geometry you chose.

Here's a tutorial on using the tool, hope it helps.

Take it easy,

Mat.