Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 20-11-2006 , 11:44 PM

WIP: First Monster Model

Hey all! Wow, it's been FOREVER since I posted on here (SERIOUSLY). I have been working on this model in 3Ds MAX for some time now, and thought I would post on here for some comments/crits! I hope you all don't mind me posting a model from 3Ds MAX on here, yet the SimplyMAX forum has been dead-quiet for months now, so feedback there is...well...almost none. :zzz:

So I thought I would post here for comments/crits! Feel free to leave any feedback!

Here is the concept sketch:

user added image

Here is the prior stages of it:

user added image

user added image

user added image

And here it is NOW:

user added image

As of now, I still need to finish the body, as well as do the interior of the mouth and teeth, as well as the wings of the demon / gargoyle. Comments and crits welcome though! user added image

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)

Last edited by CGPMaya84; 20-11-2006 at 11:46 PM.
# 2 21-11-2006 , 12:06 PM
Looks pretty nice but you have some edge loops which are unnecessary although they seem to be placed correctly.

# 3 22-11-2006 , 04:05 PM
nice start mate. At the moment the body looks a little too symmetrical and uniform, but I'm sure it's still early days.

good to see you on simply mayauser added image

# 4 23-11-2006 , 11:18 AM
Yeah, as arran said, the body seems a bit to statuesque. But, it looks good otherwise. And if you were going for a statue look, considering it could be a Gargoyle, then nm. In any case, it's looking great thus far, it could use just a bit more detail. Can't wait to see the progress!

Eric Tacti
3D Artist
# 5 01-12-2006 , 10:48 PM
Thanks all for the comments, and thanks arran for the welcome, bud! user added image I was on here quite awhile back, yet I have been busy with life and whatnot and have not had the opportunity to post anything on here for quite some time. Especially with the fact that I am still trying to graduate and am looking for jobs. user added image

Yet I am glad to finally be back on the SimplyMaya forums! :attn:

Anyway, thanks for the advice, ya'll. I want to post what else I have done with the model since then. I know I need to tweek a few things, yet I will fix that as I continue to build up the model.

Here is the update on my model. Added the arms, legs, butt, etc... yet I still need to fix the hip area, the thighs a little, finish and tweek the arms, add the hands and feet, as well as add the tail and wings....

user added image

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)